Be a Good Neighbour and volunteer with us!
Our wonderful volunteers are at the heart of Levenshulme Good Neighbours – we couldn’t do it without them! People help out in so many different ways such as:
- Becoming a volunteer befriender
- Becoming an events and activity volunteer
- Offering occasional assistance with transport or odd jobs
- Offering shopping assistance
- Becoming a volunteer driver (must have own car)
- Supporting Levenshulme Good Neighbours with fundraising activities
- Offering their skills to support Levenshulme Good Neighbours.
- Promoting the work of Levenshulme Good Neighbours in the community
Many of the people who support us live in Levenshulme or have a connection with the area. However, this isn’t essential. You just need a desire to improve the lives of older people.
You do have to be over 18 to volunteer with us; but our volunteers ages range from nineteen to seventy-nine! How much time you can give is up to you. Many of our volunteers work and have families but we’re skilled at matching opportunities you can fit into a busy life.
Because we work with older people, all of our volunteers must have background checks (Disclosure and Barring Service Check), give personal references and are trained by us to provide support. We will invite you to our office to fill this in. Details of what you’ll need to bring for ID can be downloaded below:
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer with Levenshulme Good Neighbours, please download and complete the application form below. This can be returned to Levenshulme Good Neighbours, Stockport Road, Levenshulme, M19 3AR, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com
If you’d like to chat to one of the team, you can give us a ring on 0161 850 1066 – we’re happy to help!