Be a Good Neighbour and volunteer with us!
Our wonderful volunteers are at the heart of Levenshulme Good Neighbours – we couldn’t do it without them! People help out in so many different ways such as:
- Becoming a volunteer befriender
- Becoming an events and activity volunteer
- Offering occasional assistance with transport or odd jobs
- Becoming a volunteer driver (must have own car)
- Supporting Levenshulme Good Neighbours with fundraising activities
- Offering their skills to support Levenshulme Good Neighbours.
- Volunteering in our office
- Promoting the work of Levenshulme Good Neighbours in the community
Many of the people who support us live in Levenshulme or have a connection with the area. However, this isn’t essential. You just need a desire to improve the lives of older people.
You do have to be over 18 to volunteer with us; but our volunteers ages range from nineteen to seventy-nine! How much time you can give is up to you. Many of our volunteers work and have families but we’re skilled at matching opportunities you can fit into a busy life.
Because we work with older people, all of our volunteers must have background checks (Disclosure and Barring Service Check), give personal references and are trained by us to provide support.
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer with Levenshulme Good Neighbours, or want to talk about supporting us in any way, please to get in touch for a chat.